One of the unique characteristics of RvRoofMagic is that it has been specially formulated to be compatible with 95% of roof surfaces without needing a primer, saving the RV consumer time and money! This makes RvRoofMagic a one-step process for putting an end to roof leaks.
The surfaces below are compatible with RVRoofMagic. Never a primer needed; saving our customer’s time and money.
- Can be applied directly over non-silicone products such as Dicor, Kool Seal and elastomerics.
- Alpha rubber roof made by Fleetwood RV
- EPDM - Flash coat is required
- Butyl Rubber
- Hypalon Rubber
- Vinyl-As long as it is aged. An adhesion test is required
- TPO must be cleaned specifically with Roof Protect found on our site
- TPO must have remaining service life. TPO scrim must not be visible throughout the field of the roof.
- Surface must be dry. Any of these could cause the material to blister/wrinkle
- Must apply our TPO base coat (call for details)
NOTE: Cannot be applied over silicone-based coatings
Wood: An oil-based wood sealer is needed on any wood surface as well as two coats of the RvRoofMagic. Please wait 24 hours between coats. Since we do not know the quality or condition of the wood any wood application are not covered by a warranty
For any other substrates please contact our office prior to application. Any other substrate may cause your existing roof to swell. If you are unsure of your roof type complete an adhesion test by coating a small area 2 ft X 2 ft and let dry before coating your roof.