RV Roof Magic
Our product has met the ASTM Certification. These physical and mechanical testing standards allow manufacturers, other producers and users to examine and evaluate such materials for strength and quality to ensure safety toward their end-use. This ensures that what we disclose as the quality of our products was confirmed with an independent testing organization.
RvRoofMagic is a solvent-based, single component moisture cure coating specifically formulated for the RV industry.
- Contains fungicides and mildewcides.
- Superior adhesion to various substrates will not adhere to PVC roofs or silicone; product will remain tacky under those conditions
- Reflective roof coating helps reduce cooling costs, prevents UV-degradation and premature roof failure.
- High tensile strength and elongation.
- Excellent protection for polyurethane foam.
- improved UV-resistance and reflectivity.
- Ready to use. Thinning is not necessary. Mix well before using.
- Roof must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease, dirt or loosely adhered coating. Bare surfaces must be prepared and checked for compatibility.
- Follow our roof restoration procedures and if you are unsure of the type of roof you have always perform an adhesion test. Paint a 1 ft by 1 ft section and let dry and test for adhesion
- Equipment: polyester brush, medium nap roller 3/8 inch
- NOTE: Not to be applied over PVC roofs or silicone coatings. This will result in the product remaining tacky
AVAILABILITY & COST
RV Roof Magic is available directly on line and through our authorized distributors.
Read our Care and Maintenance Guidelines.
|Coverage||50 Sq ft per Gallon will result with a 20 mil film|
|Density||8.6 ±.2 lbs/gallon|
|Dry Time||Dry to touch in 3 - 4 hours, 24 Hour wait for a 2nd coat
Ideal temp is above 60F. 80% or less humidity will slow the cure
|Flash Point||101 F|
|Application Temperature||Apply at temps above 50 degrees for three hours to waterproof. 8-10 hrs for full cure. Temp can fall to freezing but product will not continue to dry until temps rise above 50 again|
|Hardness||69 Shore A||ASTM D-2240|
|Permeability||.02 perms||ASTM E-96|
|Shelf Life||The shelf life and pot life are 5 years assuming the lid is kept on so air cannot get in.|
|Solids by Volume||68%||ASTM D-2697|
|Solids by Weight||56%||ASTM D-1644|
|Tensile Strength||1200 PSI||ASTM D-412|
Warning: RvRoofMagic contains solvents. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Pumping equipment should be grounded to avoid accidental ignition due to static sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used when exposure can exceed recommended PEL. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. Care must be taken to prevent rooftop HVAC from introducing solvent vapor into interior areas. RV Roof Magic must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep RV Roof Magic containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call physician immediately.
Product information contained herein is presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. It does not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before use. Manufacturer's sole responsibility shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.
HANDLING & STORAGE:
RV Roof Magic contains a blend of solvents which is considered combustible by D.O.T. and O.S.H.A. standards. It should be used and stored away from flames, in a well-ventilated atmosphere. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors and prevent contact with eyes. Read all label information and precautions before using.
The specifications, properties and performance of materials described herein are based on information believed to be reliable. Unless otherwise expressly provided in written contract, the products discussed are sold without conditions or warranties, expressed or implied. Product specifications are subject to change without notice. The specifications, properties and performance of materials described herein are based on information believed to be reliable. Unless otherwise expressly provided in written contract, the products discussed are sold without conditions or warranties, expressed or implied. Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
Failure to follow the directions and/or proper preparation may result in product failure.
- Existing MOISTURE on/in substrate prior to coating application
- Substrate insufficiently cleaned
- Coating unable to bond to substrate
- Application to an incompatible surface such as silicone, pvc or non-acceptable aftermarket coating
- Improper/Inconsistent coating mil thickness
- Leak area not identified and sealed
- Not applying a flash coat.
- Product contamination on job site